Yaay Death and Stuff

So while it’s only 2 new tasks complete, there’s 2 more that are 80% there and others are planned out. Here’s a recap of new stuff: PCs and monsters now shoot and damage each other with functioning ranged combat! PCs can die! Monsters can die! Monster spawner behavior is 90% there PC equip-able items / attacks are close to being there. New portraits are almost done.. then we’ll have 3 different PCs Project title finally announced: Project has it’s own Website http://www.irismel.com (granted for … MORE

LOS Targeting

Minor but important progress. Holidays (and Skyrim) were not as conductive as hoped to progress. Map entities (monsters and PCs) now scan for the nearest visible targets within their field of view and as within LOS on the level map. Monsters now have a new behavior available on spawn which is to start stalking a Random PC. The goal is to have several behaviors available for monsters to utilize what cna be mix and matched during levels.. (patrolling.. random walking, … MORE

More Progress

Good progress.. A little slow.. but progress nonetheless. PC icons (as seen below as the Tokens with Wizard faces on them) can now be selected, and told to move to proper spots on the map and assigned a facing location. Also good progress on the whole monster spawner Behavior.  Still some thinking to be done on how to do some of the details but I must say it’s really nice to be making tangible progress again.

Third Time tis the Charm

Ok, needed a bit of a fresh mental break from typing and numbers for a day or two so I started the beginning of the large pile of character protraits that I’ll need to make (somewhere between 10 – 50)   That’s the joy of doing things as an indie developer.. I can put on whatever hat I want to today.  Granted at some point I’ll have to put on the businessperson hat and then it’ll not be so much … MORE

Daily Progress update.

I know… updates two days in a row??!  What madness.. Manged to get A* following objects to automatically turn and adjust their facing while maintaing their portrait’s orientation.   Also increased the basic map tile size by one so things aren’t as cramped.  The remainder of the evening was spend working on the following Mocup UI: As you can tell I’m targeting a baseline 1280×768 resolution.  (obviously.. doesn’t everyone count the pixels on every image they see?)  The different thing … MORE

The Fall Season!

Whoa.. after what feels like an absolutely morale crushing infernal heat wave that has more or less sapped all willpower for the last several months… it’s time to get the show back on the road. Here’s a peak at what’s been worked on.  More details as soon as I get more gameplay things put in.  And after a break to Javaland  it’s back to good ol TGB.  The upside is that things make so much more sense now.   Many … MORE

03/03/2009

Well, some development progress. The in-game map now reflects a proper mow branching randomly generated maze based on Prim’s Algorithm, the trickiest bit was adapting it to do without proper arrays Toquescript is a bit funny about that. After that, I created a basic start for a tileset etc etc and got it rendering properly in the engine. Tonight I got the tilesets to properly interpret the door and trigger tiles and render the proper animated tiles for them (after … MORE