Milestone 1, Week 2.
Well here we are, week 2. Not a bad week, progress wise, but never as good as I’d have liked..
This week I started cracking my head into the interface that is Blender, and walked away with a simple eggsack model to be used as a spider spawner (pictured below). Maybe next week I can make it move.
The beginnings of a simple UI are falling into place, when a room starts, the room title and the challenges in it (spider icon this month) appear for a bit, and there’s a kill counter and the beginnings of a re-spawn counter (shields). Some odd issues with them not scaling properly sometimes, but eh. That’s manageable.
But, the biggest news is clearly that the entire play cycle is in place, player life, death, respawn and restart all appear to be marginally functional.
So to that end, I’ve built if out as a Unity Web Player. So if you’re so inclined you can, try it here:
As usual, feedback/bug reports etc is welcome.